Saturday 9 May 2015

Purse: Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandoulière

My guilty pleasure lately is purse from Louis Vuitton...

I finally bought a bag that I have been considering for a while, a LV Speedy Bandoulière 30. Because it is such a versatile bag - you can wear cross-body, on shoulder (short or long due to extension on strap) and hand-carry. I do like the standard Speedy bag style in the past but being a shoulder girl, the additional strap on Speedy now justify the purchase to me.

Prints
Must admit, I was torn between Monogram and Damier Ebene print. I ended up choosing the Monogram Speedy Bandoulière 30 because of simple two reasons: it is the 'classic' print and it is 'brighter' than the Damier Ebene's one, which may suit my style and personality more.
I have a tendency to choose pastel and light colour items in my clothing selection.

Shopping experience
Worth mentioning that the Sales Assistant in LV Amsterdam Hoofstraat was very kind and had attention to detail - so far the best shopping experience in all LV stores so far. The bags was packaged nicely and thoroughly (even without me asking). Packaging include box, leather cord, dust bag, LV flower tag, tissue paper, key dust bag - I do hear that you may need to ask SA in LV for LV flower tag and key dust bag/pouch. The bag size itself, I chose size 30 simply because it fits my slender body figure.

Here she is (and with me throughout my trip to Europe and Japan)..

 

 


Jacket: Zara | Jeans: Jeanswest | Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy B 30 | Hat: Tyrolean wool hat
Jacket: Orsay | Legging: Sportsgirl | Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy B 30 | Hat: Accessorize | Shoe: Australian Ugg Original

 



Top: Traditional Hungarian Clothing | Jeans: Jeanswest | Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy B 30 | Hat: Tyrolean Hat 


On the train from Salzburg to Munchen with Alpine hat (aka. Tyrolean hat)


My thought
I have not been so gentle with this bag as I have used this constantly for 3 weeks after purchasing it in all weather (snow, rain, wind, heat) in Europe, Arab and Japan.
It has patina a little bit as a result, which am fine and quite looking forward for it (I believe the bag tells story). I was wearing this bag whilst dragging my luggage during all city transfer in my trip - the shoulder strap made it possible!
The bag when empty is lightweight which is important for me as I do not want to carry a heavy full leather bag on its own.
I also love the zipper closure on Speedy bag for travelling as it made things safer rather than open tote bag during travelling (especially when you rest your bags on train/tram/airplane).
It fits a lot (my passport, purse, mobile phone, selfie stick, water bottle, journal, shawl) and heaps more. From wear and tear, I have seen very minor dirt (which can be removed by clean pencil eraser, gently rub please) and some hairline scratch on the hardwear and leather. I did quickly wipe with tissue if it has water droplets (i.e. rain, snow) especially on Vachetta leather. For those who wants a maintenance-free LV bags, maybe it is best to choose Damier Ebene print.

When I was travelling, the bag remains in its shape as I had filled up the bag quite a lot so do not really realize that the bag will "collapse" when it is more empty. I like it more when it retains the shape - hence may consider bag shaper for LV Speedy that is available out there.

Other drawback is that the bag only comes with one internal pocket and it looks like a big hole if you do not organize your items properly. So when using it, there is times that I have to mess the content of my bag to search for things. I am now fully aware of the D-ring presence inside the bag to hook chained/strapped pouch for extra and more organized storage.  I do feel tempted to make the most of it by introducing.. a mini pochette maybe? :)


Price
I bought this bag on March 2015 in Amsterdam for 970 Euro (minus duty free 11%) that ends up around AU$ 1220, which is still much cheaper than in Sydney that retails at AU$ 1610 (Hoorayy!!).

Overall, I L.O.V.E this bag so much. It is beautiful and versatile. Definitely the bag to consider for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment